Homeschool Family Getaway
Come and stay at The Refuge at an affordable cost while your family is able to explore and learn about some Native American, Logging, and Agricultural information around the Langlade, WI area. This is a good educational opportunity for your family to get away and learn Wisconsin history while spending quality time together in a beautiful setting.
The Wolf River Refuge has researched a wide variety of different activities that you can do as a family to learn in a different atmosphere. We offer a packet of information that includes where you can find museums and different educational opportunities in the area.
- Learn about Native American History by visiting Indian Museums in the area.
- Visit Logging Museums to learn about Wisconsin’s first industries.
- Observe modern day forestry in the beautiful Nicolet National Forest at the Oconto County Seed Orchard.
- Educate your children on the importance of agriculture and forestry for Wisconsin.
The Wolf River Refuge
We want the WRR to be a place of renewal, restoration, and refuge where you can remove yourself from the distractions of life and focus on your relationship with God and others. We are located on the Wolf River, and we have a one mile river walk that you and your family can enjoy. You and your family can use this time to get away and spend quality time together while instilling in your children a lifelong love of learning while they explore God’s world.
- Visit museums
- Have family time
- Play games
- Explore God’s creation on miles of trails near the Wolf River Refuge
We have eight comfortable and fully furnished cabins tucked in the beautiful Nicolet National Forest. All cabins have kitchens equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, kitchen utensils, and outdoor grill.
Lodging: $70 per night per cabin
(15% deposite of entire getaway cost required)
For any questions, please go to our Contact page.
We look forward to serving you and seeing how God works in your family’s lives during your getaway!